Do you want a great tasting pre-workout smoothie for weight loss? If you do, you’re in luck.
This strawberry banana smoothie will give you the energy boost you need to power any workout. With 38g of easy digesting carbs, you’ll have the energy to move mountains and turn your workout up a notch.
This smoothie isn’t readily suitable for vegans but if you swap out one ingredient in the recipe you’re good to go!
Is This Strawberry Banana Smoothie Healthy?
This smoothie is healthy and made with wholesome ingredients. Because this smoothie is made up of fresh fruit, diary and uses a natural sweetener, it makes it a very healthy refreshing smoothie drink.
If you want to make your smoothies healthy, your best bet is to use mostly whole foods in your smoothie. This strawberry banana smoothie combines whole foods like strawberry, banana and skimmed milk.
Can You Drink This Strawberry Banana Smoothie As A Pre-Workout?
I drink this strawberry banana smoothie as a pre-workout all the time. As long as you have the ingredients ready, just pop them into your blender and drink it just before your workout.
Because this smoothie contains mostly easy digesting carbs it makes it a suitable pre-workout drink to power any workout.
The benefit of drinking this smoothie is because it’ll give you the energy to do your workout and you’ll burn off the calories as you workout.
Can You Make This Pre-Workout Smoothie For Weight Loss?
Yes, this strawberry banana smoothie is good for weight loss. This is because it contains whole foods and it’s low in calories. Less than 200kcals Yay!
When it comes to weight loss, don’t rely on just drinking smoothies to help you lose weight though. You should eat and chew most of your food.
This strawberry banana smoothie even though it’s considered liquid calories, it can still be a part of your weight loss diet.
It’s a matter of enjoying your food and what you eat regularly while on your weight loss journey.
For sustainable weight loss, it ultimately depends on your overall calorie intake.
Focus on eating less calories than you burn on an ongoing basis. Regardless of whether you chew or drink your calories.
If you want a meal plan for weight loss, get my 6 weeks fat loss meal plan.
Is Drinking Your Calories Good for Weight Loss?
Are smoothies a good way to lose weight? No I don’t think so, if that’s the only thing you’re relying on.
Even though the general consensus is that you shouldn’t drink any of your calories while trying to lose weight.
I don’t completely agree with that notion because I believe you can still lose weight even if you drink this strawberry banana smoothie.
At the end of the day, it’s all about your overall calorie intake on an ongoing basis.
If you like drinking smoothies, limiting it completely from your diet can hinder you from sticking to your weight loss plan.
Just make sure you eat and chew most of your food while in a calorie deficit, and I think you’ll succeed.
Best Pre-Workout Smoothies for Weight Loss
Smoothies are great as a pre-workout because you can have something sweet before your workout and motivate yourself to go harder.
This strawberry banana smoothie contains fast digesting carbohydrates that you can quickly burn off during your exercise.
If you want a quick energy boost to power any workout, try some of these healthy pre-workout smoothies for weight loss.
Try any smoothies from the list below:
- Berry Protein Smoothie
- Green Smoothies for Weight Loss
- Oatmeal Banana Smoothie
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie (video)
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Ingredients
This smoothie uses just 4 wholesome ingredients to bring it’s light and sweet taste to life.
- Strawberries: Do you like strawberries? Because I do. Strawberries are great for you and this smoothie would be incomplete without them.
They’re a great source of antioxidants for your heart health and provides you with essential vitamin c. Feel free to use fresh strawberries or frozen strawberries if you like!
- Banana: Banana was used in this smoothie because it’s a natural sweetener that adds creaminess and taste to this smoothie.
Using a banana in your smoothies will help you cut out the need for refined sugar or excessive sweetener.
Also banana is a good source of micronutrients and antioxidants for reducing inflammation. Feel free to use fresh or frozen banana too.
- Skimmed milk: Most people don’t like cow’s milk because of the whole plant-based movement but I do. I used skimmed milk in this smoothie to jazz up it’s protein content.
And if you drink this strawberry banana smoothie as a pre-workout, the small amount of protein in this smoothie(5g), will contribute towards creating a positive protein balance and improving your performance during your next workout. source
- Maple Syrup: Another sweetener that I really like is maple syrup. I used this pure Canadian maple syrup in this smoothie because it’s a fairly light sweetener compared to honey and especially refined sugar.
Also, maple syrup is lower in calories than honey, which is great for this smoothie for weight loss.
Strawberry Banana SmoothieCourse: Egg Free, RecipesCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
This chilled strawberry banana smoothie recipe is perfect for an afternoon treat. It’s loaded with antioxidants and great as a pre-workout drink.
100g Strawberries, frozen
100ml Skimmed milk
1tsp Maple syrup
- Pop all the ingredients into a blender.
- Load your smoothie into your blender like this: frozen strawberries goes first, then maple syrup, milk and banana.
- Blend until smooth.
- Enjoy right away with a meal or as a pre-workout drink.
- Using Fresh Fruits: Start by adding 4 cubes of ice into the blender then maple syrup, milk and the strawberries and banana.
- Equipment Used: Ninja Smart Screen Blender, Measuring spoons.
- Where To Buy Your Ingredients: ALDI.
- Making It Vegan: Use your plant milk of choice in place of skimmed milk with the rest of the ingredients.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories184
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0.2g 1%
- Sodium 8mg 1%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
- Sugars 31g
- Protein 5g 10%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
This post contains affiliate links to products on amazon. This means I will make a small commission if you purchase through the links of products listed in the post. These products are recommended because I personally use and trust them.
Equipments I Used To Make This Pre-Workout Smoothie
- Ninja Smart Screen Blender: I use the ninja smart screen blender for literally everything in the kitchen.
To date I think this Ninja blender from amazon is the best investment I have ever made.
It comes in a set of 3 with a food processor and Ninja’s flagship Auto-iQ system. If you want your smoothie to come out thick and smooth, this is the blender for you.
Also, this blender is great quality and will last you a lifetime, if you take proper care of it like I do.
- Measuring spoon set: Using a measuring spoon to load your ingredients into your blender is great for getting your smoothie to taste and feel right.
I use the Colourworks measuring spoon set for this smoothie and I got it from amazon.
Having this spoon set in your kitchen will help you eat the required amount of food to achieve your goals.
If you’re a smoothie lover like me, this strawberry banana smoothie will fast become your new favourite pre-workout smoothie for weight loss.
Honestly, it’s so tasty, easy to make and low in calories.
If you like the taste of this smoothie and want to jazz it up a notch, you can make this tasty and nutritious strawberry and banana smoothie bowl.
How excited are you to make this smoothie? Tell me in the comments!
You May Also Like
- Banana Protein Shake For Muscle Gain
- Baked Sweet Potato Meal Prep For Weight Loss
- Green Smoothie For Weight Loss