Do you love strawberry banana smoothie but don’t like how thick they are when made with yogurt?
If so, then this recipe is perfect for you! In just a few simple steps, you can make a delicious and healthy strawberry banana smoothie without using any yogurt.
This is a great option if you don’t like the taste of yogurt or you simply just want more healthy smoothies to try.
So, what are you waiting for? Scroll down to try this easy recipe today!
Jump to section
The Best Strawberry Banana Smoothie Without Yogurt
What can I say! This smoothie is simply amazing…… and I have been making it for about 3 years now and I won’t stop any time soon.
Use the recipe card below to make this chilled smoothie drink for a well deserved afternoon treat!
Strawberry Banana SmoothieCourse: Egg Free, RecipesCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
This chilled strawberry banana smoothie recipe is perfect for an afternoon treat. It’s loaded with antioxidants and great as a pre-workout drink.
100g Strawberries, frozen
100ml Skimmed milk
1tsp Maple syrup
- Pop all the ingredients into a blender.
- Load your smoothie into your blender like this: frozen strawberries goes first, then maple syrup, milk and banana.
- Blend until smooth.
- Enjoy right away with a meal or as a pre-workout drink.
- Using Fresh Fruits: Start by adding 4 cubes of ice into the blender then maple syrup, milk and the strawberries and banana.
- Equipment Used: Ninja Smart Screen Blender, Measuring spoons.
- Where To Buy Your Ingredients: ALDI.
- Making It Vegan: Use your plant milk of choice in place of skimmed milk with the rest of the ingredients.
How Many Calories Does A Strawberry Banana Smoothie Have?
This strawberry banana smoothie has only 184 calories. That is amazing!!!
This means you can drink this smoothie multiple times a week without any fear of gaining weight.
This smoothie drink is also very healthy for you and loaded in natural sugars because it’s made with frozen fruits and whole foods such as skimmed milk, strawberry, and banana.
And if you’re trying to drop body fat while drinking this smoothie, there’s no reason why you can’t enjoy it twice a week as long as you stick to the ingredients used in this strawberry banana smoothie recipe.
What Can Replace Yogurt in a Smoothie?
Many different substitutes can be used in place of yogurt in a smoothie.
Smoothies are very versatile and allow you to explore multiple ingredients to see if it goes together before sticking to your favourite smoothie recipe.
- Milk: Whole milk or skimmed milk, almond milk, cashew milk, soy milk, etc.
- Nut butter: Peanut butter, almond butter, cashew butter, etc.
- Banana: Bananas are known for their creamy texture when blended so it’ll be perfect in a smoothie without yogurt.
- Oats: Quick oats or rolled oats. Using any of these mixed in water is really good for smoothies.
- Avocado: This is a great option if you want to add some healthy fats to your smoothie.
What more can I say? This is one of my favourite smoothie drink ever!!!
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. If you want to drink it cold, make sure the put the strawberries in the freezer overnight.
Then pop all the ingredients in the blender when you’re ready to have it. Viola!
If you do make this strawberry banana smoothie, leave a comment below to tell me about it.