This healthy rice and beans meal prep is the perfect breakfast meal on weekends.
This filling meal is best eaten as a pre-workout breakfast meal.
A healthy vegan high carbs meal prep recipe
You know what… Rice and Beans combo is undefeated. This plant based meal is a source of complete protein and ideal for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Its easy to prep, healthy and delicious!
How To Make Your Rice and Beans Burrito Meal Prep
- To soak your rice: Put 300g of long grain uncooked rice in a bowl. Add 1tsp of salt and soak in hot water for 1hr. Set aside and make your stew.
- To cook your stew: Get 1 can of peeled plum tomatoes and 2 bell peppers into a blender with a small onion and blend. To cook, pour 1tbsp of extra virgin olive oil into a sauce pan, pour in the blender peppers and add 1tsp black pepper and 1 tsp of salt. Cook for 15mins on medium heat.
- To cook your rice: Wash your rice thoroughly by opening your tap water into the rice bowl and rinse out twice and drain out the water. Add 1tbsp of extra virgin olive oil in a pot and add your rice, stir thoroughly on medium heat for 5mins. Then add hot water into the pot twice as much as your rice. Cover the pot and let it cook for 15mins. Check if rice is tender, if not, add small hot water and turn heat off and leave rice to sit on cooker for another 10mins.
- To cook your beans: Pour open the cans into a sauce pan, add 1tbsp of chilli pepper, stir together and cook for 5-8mins over a medium heat.
- To cook your Sweetcorn: Cook in unsalted water for 10mins.
- Lettuce: Chop your lettuce with your hands into your meal prep bowls.
Why You Should Make This Rice and Beans Burrito Bowl
This rice and beans meal prep is high in fibre (13g per bowl). Fibre helps you live longer. It is vital for weight loss and helps manage blood sugar levels.
This meal is super healthy and delicious. It’s suitable to eat if you’re a vegan or just want a delicious meal.
Also, this meal is nutrient dense, plant based and low in calories. At just under 550kcal, you can eat this filling meal and still reach your daily macros for weight loss.
Learn How To Eat Better, Lose Weight and Start Working Out To Build Some Muscle Now.
Rice and Beans Meal Prep Ingredients
- Aytac Long Grain White Rice – 300g. Shop here or at your local store.
- 2 Cans of Kidney Beans. Shop here or at your local store.
- Sweetcorn cobettes – 4pk. Shop here or at your local store.
- Iceberg Lettuce. Shop here or at your local store.
- Sofra Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 2tbsp. Shop here or at your local store.
- Ground Black Pepper – 1tbsp. Shop here or at your local store.
- Extra Hot Cayenne Chilli Pepper – 1tbsp. Shop here or at your local store.
- Cooking Salt – 1tsp. Shop here or at your local store.
- Green and Yellow Bell Peppers. Shop here or at your local store.
- 1 can of plum tomatoes. Shop here or at your local store.
- 1 small brown onion. Shop here or at your local store.
Tips and Suggestions To Prepare This Rice and Beans Meal Prep
- Make your rice first by soaking it for 1hr. Then you can prep the rest while waiting for the rice to be ready.
- Use Kidney Beans or any Beans from the bean family.
Rice and Beans Burrito Macros Breakdown
After cooking your rice and beans burrito using the exact ingredients and amounts. Fill up your bowl in these amounts: rice 150g, beans 100g, 1 sweetcorn cobettes, 80g Lettuce.
- Calories – 533
- Fat – 10g
- Carbs – 87g
- Fibre – 13g
- Protein 18g
Servings – 1
Total time – 1hr 30mins
You May Also Like
- How To Make A Homemade Protein Shake
- Sweet potato Fajitas Meal Prep
- Tuna and Chickpea Salad for Weight Loss