This salad recipe is somewhat unique.
Like every other traditional salad recipe you find online, they all have one thing in common… salad dressing.
The dressings can be slightly different in terms of ingredients used but it’s still very common to use a salad dressing in a salad, until now. This Kiwi Cashew Salad doesn’t use any dressing because it doesn’t need to. You’ll find out why, if you keep reading.
I know salad dressings are used as a topping to add flavour to salads but this salad bowl doesn’t need it. It is good all by itself. This kiwi cashew salad is flavourful, tangy and very filling.
I’ll reveal the magical ingredients as you scroll down to read the rest of this blog post.
Jump to section
Why Is This Salad Recipe Unique?
I present to you the most unique and flavourful salad you’ve yet to eat.
This salad is special. This salad is tangy and flavourful. This salad is nutritious. It is easy to make and very filling. Have you tried it yet? No you haven’t and you’re missing out big time.
Should I continue? Okay let’s go.
This Kiwi Cashew Salad uses a combination of vegetables, fruits, seeds, nuts and spices to bring it’s unique taste to life… without any salad dressing. Is that clear? No salad dressing needed.
I’m not trying to be controversial but I think salad dressings are so overrated and don’t really add much else to salads.
Salad dressing is a waste of calories so you won’t be needing any for this salad bowl. Eat your greens whole and wash it down with water. I’ll show you how in a minute, keep reading.
Are Salad Dressings Healthy?
Yes, many salad dressings are healthy depending on the ingredients used to make the dressing. Some salad dressings are completely unnecessary and a tad too much for a simple salad bowl.
Salad dressings are used to add flavour and create a topping for salads. If you like salad dressings on your salad, it is best to use a salad dressing that compliments the salad of your choice well.
It’s just that, sometimes, when you find yourself using different salad dressings and trying to use too many ingredients every time, it becomes tacky and unnecessary. Nowadays, there’re too many types of salad dressing to pick from anyway so why not just, don’t.
Most people use salad dressings to give their salad a kick but what if your salad is already so well put together that it makes the dressing unnecessary? Is that even possible? Yes it is.
That’s what makes this Kiwi Cashew Salad so good. Luckily for you, this salad bowl is so good, you don’t need any fancy dressing to jazz it up.
Can You Eat This Salad For Weight Loss?
This Kiwi Cashew Salad is nutritious and very filling. It can be eaten as part of a weight loss diet plan.
Do not hope this salad on it’s own will help you lose weight. That’s not possible. However, if you eat this giant salad bowl for dinner while in a calorie deficit, you’re going to lose weight.
That might not be the answer you were looking for but that’s the truth. Trust me.
Don’t believe anyone who tells you to eat salad everyday for 30 days to lose weight. You should eat this salad as part of a healthy eating plan. There’s no one magic food that’ll help you lose weight.
For weight loss, focus on eating less calories than you burn on an ongoing basis.
Learn How To Eat Better, Lose Weight and Start Working Out To Build Some Muscle Now.
Kiwi Cashew Salad Ingredients
This salad is so good because it only uses the essential ingredients needed to make it the very best salad you’ve ever had. A combination of vegetables, nuts, seeds, fruits and spices were used to make this kiwi cashew salad pop.
- Italian Style Salad: This salad mix uses three different raw vegetables such as spinach, wild rocket, green lettuce and red lettuce. Some salad recipes use more mixed greens in their salad bowl but this Italian style salad with just 3 mixed greens is a good base.
- Cashews: Cashews are one of the most delicious nuts you can eat. Using cashews in this salad helped to increase it’s healthy fat content to make this a well balanced diet. Cashews are a great source of magnesium and fibre.
Also, cashews are very chewy and it added some crunchiness to this salad bowl.
- Chia seeds: Chia seeds are the best source of plant based omega 3 fatty acid. It was used in this salad recipe to add more high quality protein to the salad, something that’s always missing in most traditional salad recipes.
As far as chia seeds go, they’re one of the best seeds you can eat. “Chia” means strength and it is packed with essential nutrients for reducing acne, scars and keeps your skin healthy.
The chia seeds I used in this salad were organic. It’s the best chia seed I’ve tried because it retains it’s quality and richness. You can get the chia seeds on amazon before it runs out.
- Kiwi: Kiwi’s are a superfood and one of the best sources of vitamin c. I used two kiwis in this salad for it’s sweetness and tangy flavour. As you chew this salad, if you happen to bite into the mixed greens with the kiwi, you’ll experience a really delightful burst of sweetness in your mouth.
- Lemon juice: Lemon juice was used in this salad because of it’s tangy flavour and fresh smell.
- Black pepper: Pepper was used in this salad recipe for it’s taste and texture.
- Himalayan salt: Sea salt was used to sweeten this kiwi cashew salad.
All the ingredients used in the Kiwi Cashew Salad were bought from ALDI, except the chia seeds.
Kiwi Cashew SaladCourse: Egg Free, Recipes, VeganCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
This Kiwi Cashew Salad uses a combination of vegetables, fruits, seeds, nuts and spices to bring it’s unique taste to life… without any salad dressing.
160g Italian style salad
30g Cashews, raw
1tbsp Chia seeds
1tbsp Lemon juice
1tsp Black pepper
Sprinkle Himalayan salt
- Place all the ingredients into a large bowl.
- The bigger the bowl the better.
- Stir the ingredients together and eat the salad.
- Wash it down with water.
- This Kiwi Cashew Salad uses kiwi as the main fruit but feel free to swap out the kiwi for any fruit of choice.
- All the ingredients used in the Kiwi Cashew Salad were bought from ALDI, except the chia seeds.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories373
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 20g 31%
- Saturated Fat 4g 20%
- Sodium 440.6mg 19%
- Potassium 558.2mg 16%
- Total Carbohydrate 37g 13%
- Dietary Fiber 13g 52%
- Sugars 15g
- Protein 13g 26%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
As I’ve mentioned earlier, salad dressing are a waste of calories. This kiwi cashew salad doesn’t need any dressing but you can use it if you feel like it. It’s just a personal choice for me.
Will you be making this kiwi cashew salad any time soon?