Green smoothies are great for adding more leafy vegetables and essential nutrients to your diet.
This green smoothie is made with spinach, banana and loaded with antioxidant micronutrients. It’s easy to make and will keep you fuller for longer.
You can make this green smoothie for weight loss, breakfast and even for it’s incredible health benefits.
If you want to know if this green smoothie is good for you, keep reading.
Is This Green Smoothie Good For You?
Yes, this green smoothie is healthy, made with spinach and great for you. It is loaded with life saving antioxidants and great as a calorie deficit breakfast for weight loss.
This green smoothie is made up of mostly whole foods such as banana, mango, banana, chia seeds and spinach. It combines wholesome ingredients from plants, seeds and dairy to make this healthy green smoothie a great calorie deficit breakfast.
This is an ad – Do you want to lose 40 pounds in 4months? Reach out to me, I’d love to help!
See testimonials – This is an ad.
Green Smoothie Benefits For Weight Loss
This green smoothie is made with spinach. Spinach is a very healthy leafy green vegetable that’s full of nutrients, flavour and high in fibre.
I used spinach as the main leafy green vegetable in this green smoothie because of it’s many health benefits and it’s a low calorie food. Using spinach and other whole foods in this smoothie means you’re going to burn more calories because you burn more calories metabolising whole foods.
Here are some of the health benefits of this green smoothie.
- NUTRIENTS RICH: Spinach is a great source of essential micronutrients such as vitamin a, vitamin c, vitamin k1, folic acid, calcium and iron. It is really a leafy green loaded with nutrients.
- FIBRE: Spinach is a great source of good carbs. It’s carbohydrate content is mostly from fibre. According to The Nest, 70 percent of the fibre in spinach is insoluble. Fibre is an important nutrient that contributes to weight loss. Generally, when you eat a diet high in fibre, you’re going to feel more satiated quickly.
- PROTEIN: Most smoothie recipes don’t contain enough high quality protein. This green smoothie contains 12g of protein which contributes to helping you feel satiated and increases your metabolism so you can burn more calories.
Spinach Nutritional Value
For 100g of raw spinach, the nutritional values are:
- Calories: 23
- Water: 91%
- Protein: 2.9 grams
- Carbs: 3.6 grams
- Sugar: 0.4 grams
- Fiber: 2.2 grams
- Fat: 0.4 grams
Learn How To Eat Better, Lose Weight and Start Working Out To Build Some Muscle Now.
Can You Make This Green Smoothie For Weight Loss?
Yes you can make this green smoothie as part of a weight loss diet. This smoothie can help you lose weight if eaten as part of a calorie deficit diet plan.
This green smoothie contains 7g of dietary fibre. The fibre content of this smoothie will help keep you full which could mean you avoid snacking on extra calories.
When it comes to losing weight, this smoothie on it’s own won’t magically help you lose weight. No one food can help you lose weight. If you want a meal plan for weight loss, get my 6 weeks fat loss meal plan.
To lose weight, you have to focus on eating at a calorie deficit.
This is an ad – Do you want to lose weight? Reach out to me, I’d love to help!
See testimonials – This is an ad.
Green Smoothie Ingredients
- Spinach: Baby spinach gives this smoothie it’s rich colour, taste and half of it’s powerful nutrient profile. This superfood has a lot of health benefits and is the main leafy green used in this smoothie.
Spinach list of health benefits includes: may improve eye health, reduce blood pressure and prevent cancer.
- Banana: Banana is used to add sweetness and creaminess to this green smoothie. Bananas provide a lot of essential nutrients such as potassium, manganese, and some vitamin c.
- Greek Yogurt: Greek yogurt is used in this green smoothie to provide texture, taste and a little bit of protein. Feel free to use full fat or fat free greek yogurt for this green smoothie.
- Mango: Mangoes are so sweet and the 1 mango used in this ingredient adds an extra layer of flavour to this green smoothie.
Make sure to cut up the mango into smaller chunks so that it blends well with the rest of the ingredients. The vitamin c and antioxidants in mango offer some important benefits, such as protecting your skin from sun damage.
- Chia seeds: Chia seeds is used in this green smoothie for it’s protein content and health benefits. Chia seeds are loaded with antioxidants for slowing down ageing and reducing inflammation.
It’s also the plant based food with the most omega 3 fatty acid. Omega 3 fatty acid is a heart friendly nutrient. Also, chia seeds is a source of complete protein.
- Ginger: Ginger powder is used in this green smoothie for it’s powerful medicinal properties. Ginger provides many health benefits such as antioxidants, may help fight off high blood pressure and heart disease.
- Water: Water helps the ingredients to mix well and blend together.
Water is used in this green smoothie as the main fluid because it allows the rest of the ingredients break down and digest well.
Green Smoothie For Weight LossCourse: Recipes, Vegan, smoothieCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
This green smoothie is made with spinach, banana and loaded with anti-oxidants nutrients. It’s easy to make and will keep you fuller for longer.
100g Baby spinach
100g Greek yogurt
1 Mango, 80g
1tsp Ginger powder
1tbsp Chia seeds
- Pop all the ingredients into a blender.
- Blend until smooth. If it’s a bit leafy after blending once, blend again until you get the desired texture you want.
- Drink on it’s own for a filling breakfast.
- This green smoothie is even better when you use frozen fruits. Freeze the banana and mango chunks overnight before making this smoothie.
- Wash the mango and cut it up into small chunks. Leave the skin on, it’s great for you. Mango skin is actually loaded with nutrients and fibre.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories366
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 7g 35%
- Sodium 8.5mg 1%
- Potassium 179.8mg 6%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 8g 32%
- Sugars 37g
- Protein 12g 24%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
This post contains affiliate links to products on amazon. This means I will make a small commission if you purchase through the links of products listed in the post. These products are recommended because I personally use and trust them.
Again, this green smoothie is very good for you. If you haven’t tried green smoothie before, you’re going to really enjoy this smoothie. And don’t worry you won’t really taste the spinach at all because the mango and banana shines through.
Aside from it’s many health benefits, this green smoothie is great to eat as a calorie deficit breakfast for weight loss.
Will you make this green smoothie for weight loss?
You May Also Like
- Banana Protein Shake For Muscle Gain
- Vanilla Strawberry Protein Shake For Muscle Gain
- Chia Pudding Meal Prep For Weight Loss