Are you looking for a healthy metabolism boosting smoothie for weight loss?
This green smoothie is great for adding more leafy greens and essential nutrients to your diet. It is made with spinach, banana and loaded with antioxidant micronutrients.
It’s easy to make and will keep you fuller for longer. You can make this green smoothie as part of a calorie deficit diet plan and enjoy it’s incredible nutritional benefits.
If you want to know if this green smoothie is good for you and how to make it, keep reading!
Jump to section
Is This Green Smoothie Good For You?
Yes, this metabolism boosting green smoothie is healthy, and made with spinach so it’s great for you.
It’s loaded with life saving antioxidants and great as a calorie deficit breakfast for weight loss.
This green smoothie is made up of mostly whole foods such as banana, mango, banana, chia seeds and spinach.
It combines wholesome ingredients from plants, seeds and dairy to make this healthy green smoothie a great calorie deficit breakfast. It is perfect as a meal replacement while trying to lose weight.
Health Benefits of This Metabolism Boosting Green Smoothie
This green smoothie is made with spinach. Spinach is a very healthy dark leafy greens that’s full of nutrients, low in calories and high in fibre.
I used spinach as the main leafy vegetable in this green smoothie because of it’s many nutritional benefits and very little calories.
And since spinach is high in fibre and low in calories, it means eating a high volume of it will keep you fuller while eating less calories compared to eating processed foods.
Combining spinach and other whole foods such as mango and greek yogurt in this smoothie means you’re going to burn more calories because it’s high in protein.
Here are some of the health benefits of this green smoothie:
- NUTRIENTS RICH: Spinach is a great source of essential micronutrients such as vitamin a, vitamin c, vitamin k1, folic acid, calcium and iron. It is really a leafy green loaded with nutrients.
- FIBRE: Spinach is a great source of good carbs. It’s carbohydrate content is mostly from fibre. According to The Nest, 70 percent of the fibre in spinach is insoluble.
Fibre is an important nutrient that contributes to weight loss.
Generally, when you eat a diet high in fibre, you’re going to feel more satiated quickly during meals.
This will help you eat less food so you can drop body fat.
- PROTEIN: Most green smoothies don’t contain enough high quality protein. But this smoothie has a massive 12g of protein, which keeps you satiated and also boosts your metabolism so you can burn fat.
- METABOLISM BOOST: This green smoothie is made with whole foods like spinach and banana. It will help boost your metabolism because of the B vitamins in these foods. B vitamins play an important role in metabolism.
Spinach Nutritional Value
For 100g of raw spinach, the nutritional values are:
- Calories: 23
- Water: 91%
- Protein: 2.9 grams
- Carbs: 3.6 grams
- Sugar: 0.4 grams
- Fiber: 2.2 grams
- Fat: 0.4 grams
Can You Make This Green Smoothie For Weight Loss?
Yes you can make this metabolism boosting smoothie as part of a weight loss diet.
This green smoothie can help you drop body fat if eaten as part of a calorie deficit diet plan. It contains 7g of dietary fibre. The fibre content of this smoothie will help keep you full which could mean you avoid snacking on extra calories.
When it comes to losing weight, this smoothie on it’s own won’t magically help you drop bodyweight. Because no one food can help you sustainably lose weight and keep it off.
Metabolism Boosting Green Smoothie Ingredients
- Spinach: Baby spinach gives this smoothie it’s rich colour, taste and half of it’s powerful nutrient profile.
This vitamin k rich veggies is a superfood. It has a lot of health benefits and is the main leafy green used in this smoothie.
Spinach list of health benefits includes: anti-inflammation, may improve eye health, reduce blood pressure and prevent cancer cells from developing.
Also instead of using ice cubes in this green smoothie recipe, you can simply just freeze your spinach overnight before using it in your smoothie.
- Banana: Banana is used to add sweetness and creaminess to this smoothie. Bananas provide a lot of essential nutrients such as potassium and manganese.
- Greek Yogurt: Greek style yogurt is used in this smoothie drink to provide texture, taste and a little bit of protein.
Feel free to use full fat or fat free greek style yogurt for this smoothie if you like.
- Mango: Mangoes are so sweet and the 1 mango used in this ingredient adds an extra layer of flavour to this green smoothie. I don’t know about you but I like frozen fruit in my smoothie.
Make sure to cut up the mango into smaller chunks so that it blends well with the rest of the ingredients.
The vitamin c and antioxidants in mango offer some important benefits, such as protecting your skin from sun damage.
- Chia seeds: Chia is used in this smoothie as a source of healthy fats and for it’s protein content.
Also these powerful tiny seeds are loaded with antioxidants for slowing down ageing and reducing inflammation.
It’s also the plant based food with the most omega 3 fatty acid. Omega 3 fatty acid is a heart friendly nutrient. Also, chia seeds is a source of complete protein.
- Ginger: Ginger powder is used in this green smoothie for it’s powerful medicinal properties.
Ginger provides many health benefits such as antioxidants, may help fight off high blood pressure and heart disease.
- Water: Water helps the ingredients to mix well and blend together.
Water is used in this green smoothie as the main fluid because it allows the rest of the ingredients break down and digest well.
Metabolism Boosting Green SmoothieCourse: Recipes, Vegan, smoothieCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
This green smoothie is made with spinach, banana and loaded with anti-oxidants nutrients. It’s easy to make and will keep you fuller for longer.
100g Baby spinach
100g Greek yogurt
1 Mango, 80g
1tsp Ginger powder
1tbsp Chia seeds
- Pop all the ingredients into a blender.
- Blend until smooth. If it’s a bit leafy after blending once, blend again until you get the desired texture you want.
- Drink on it’s own for a filling breakfast.
- This green smoothie is even better when you use frozen fruits. Freeze the banana and mango chunks overnight before making this smoothie.
- Wash the mango and cut it up into small chunks. Leave the skin on, it’s great for you. Mango skin is actually loaded with nutrients and fibre.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories366
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 17g 27%
- Saturated Fat 7g 35%
- Sodium 8.5mg 1%
- Potassium 179.8mg 6%
- Total Carbohydrate 44g 15%
- Dietary Fiber 8g 32%
- Sugars 37g
- Protein 12g 24%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Can Green Smoothies Make You Sick?
This green smoothie recipe uses mostly natural ingredients along with fruits and vegetables that are easy to digest, so it will not make you sick in any any.
This is a tried and tested smoothie recipe and it will not cause you any distress or stomach upset.
Although, if you’re allergic to any of the ingredients used in this smoothie then you shouldn’t make this green smoothie at all.
Can You Drink This Green Smoothie Everyday?
Yes, you absolutely can drink this metabolism boosting smoothie everyday and the best part is you can drink it at any time of the day.
This smoothie drink was specifically created to be utilised as part of a calorie deficit diet plan for weight loss.
It’s low calorie and high protein content means it’s suitable for any diet, including vegan.
I personally drink this green smoothie twice a week and I can’t get enough of it. You can drink it if you want to burn fat or build muscle.
Again, this metabolism boosting smoothie is very good for you. If you’re not a smoothie lover, you’re really going to like this green smoothie.
And don’t worry you won’t really taste the spinach at all because the mango and banana shines through. Aside from it’s many health benefits, this smoothie is great to eat as a calorie deficit breakfast for weight loss.
Will you make this green smoothie? Tell me in the comments!