A simple chickpea salad recipe you can meal prep for lunch and eat during the week. This chickpea salad was created specifically to help you eat healthy, build muscle and lose weight.
It is high in protein, fibre and low in calories. It can be eaten as a post-workout meal anytime of the day.
Jump to section
Why Eat This Chickpea Salad?
If you’re looking for an easy meal you can meal prep for weight loss, this tuna and chickpea salad is the one.
I created with chickpea recipe for it’s high protein content. When it comes to losing weight, protein is the key nutrient that you need to eat more of. And with just one serving of this salad, you’ll get 30g of high quality protein.
The protein content of this tuna and chickpea salad combines plant and animal protein sources so you can feel satiated throughout the day without snacking unnecessarily.
How To Make This Tuna and Chickpea Salad
Tuna and Chickpea Salad Meal PrepCourse: High Protein, Weight LossCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
This healthy tuna and chickpea salad is packed with high quality protein, fibre and essential micronutrients. This meal is suitable to eat after your workout for lunch or dinner.
2 x 160g tins Tuna Chunks in spring water
2 x 240g tins Chickpeas in water
1tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
Large Red and Yellow bell peppers
30g Parsley (flat-leaf), fresh
1tbsp Lemon juice
4 Garlic cloves, minced
1tbsp Black pepper
1tsp Cooking salt
- Pour out the chickpeas into a sieve and set aside to sit in a large container.
- In a large pan, add in the olive oil, chickpeas, garlic, pepper and salt. Mix well, cover the pan and cook on medium heat for 5mins.
- Then after cooking for 5mins, add in the bell peppers, parsley, tuna and lemon. Mix well.
- Pop the lead on and cook for another 5mins.
- For meal prep: using a kitchen scale, measure out the whole content of the food. Mine added up to 974g for the whole food. So I divided it equally into 3.
- Then prep 325g in each bowl. It should make 3 servings. Enjoy!
3 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories337
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 9g 14%
- Saturated Fat 1.4g 7%
- Sodium 281.8mg 12%
- Potassium 153.5mg 5%
- Total Carbohydrate 31g 11%
- Dietary Fiber 9.7g 39%
- Sugars 1.4g
- Protein 30g 60%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.